How come I always feel productive at the most inconvenient times?
Posts tagged life
Has this ever happened to you?
- Me: (Wakes up) Oh lookie there. I have 9 minutes to get ready for class. Better get up and go to class then.
- Me: (Blinks)
- Me: (Opens eyes and realizes she slept through class.)
Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
Okay, so I was just minding my own business when I decided to buy a bag of Jalapeño Poppers from the vending machine. After I put my quarters in and made a selection, the machine tells me “WE HAVE A WINNER!!!” in capital green letters and gives me the chips in addition to the exact amount that I paid for them.
I am not making this up. HIGHLIGHT. OF. MY. WEEK. God works in such unexpected yet awesome ways. :)
I should stop feeling sorry for myself. :<
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.
Let all that you do be done in love.
This is an important lesson to remember when you’re having a bad day, a bad month, or a shitty year. Things will change: you won’t feel this way forever. And anyway, sometimes the hardest lessons to learn are the ones your soul needs most. I believe you can’t feel real joy unless you’ve felt heartache. You can’t have a sense of victory unless you know what it means to fail. You can’t know what it’s like to feel holy until you know what it’s like to feel really fucking evil. And you can’t be birthed again until you’ve died.
So instead of catching up on U.S. History notes like I was supposed to, I made a bucket list for college. It’s a work in progress. Think I’ll come up with about 10-15 goals. Maybe twenty goals if I am feeling ambitious.
Today, I realized that I have become so effective at hiding the fact that I am stressed that even I myself do not realize I am stressed until someone asks me what is going on in my life.
While I was talking to her, I noticed that my voice sounded like I was almost about to cry. Fortunately I was able to hold back my tears.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.
A perfectionist + A procrastinator = A problem
- Five in the afternoon: Wow, I’m getting so much done today! Finished reading for humanities, finished taking notes on chapter seven in my history textbook, took out the trash, did the laundry, and filled out a survey about academic advising! After I come back from yoga, I am doing to continue being productive and maybe I’ll actually be able to sleep early tonight! :D
- (After coming back from yoga, eating dinner, checking Facebook, scrolling Tumblr, and watching Youtube videos about clogging, Shirley Temple, & America’s Got Talent.)
- One in the morning: How is it already 1 AM?!